Activity No. 1
Extracting Meaning through Context Directions: Read the following sentences, and define the words in boldface based on the context clue. Then identify which of the five types of clues is used. Write your answers in the appropriate columns. Copy the chart in your activity notebook.
1. Her daughter was churlish – rude, sullen, and absolutely ill-mannered.
2. Rather than holding a clandestine meeting, they did it quite openly.
3. Ecclesiastics, such as priests, ministers, and pastors, should set models of behavior.
4. Jerome’s pertinacity, or stubbornness, is the cause of most of his troubles.
5. That boy who used to be very vociferous doesn’t talk much anymore.
6. Nard’s duplicity, crafty dishonesty, caused him to steal his classmate’s wallet.
7. The teacher punished Nard for duplicity or deceitfulness after discovering what he did.
8. Nard’s treachery included copying answers in our final exams, passing projects not originally owned by him, and stealing his classmate’s wallet.
9. Kleptomania is a rare mental health disorder that urges the person to steal items without economic motive.
10. Nard’s older brother was a conformist. On the other hand, Nard tended to be rebellious.
Word | Meaning | Type of word
1 churlis _ _
YUNG IBA PO DKONA ALAM 0ERO HOPE OTS HELP PO
created by mark Zuckerberg
It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg
#Carry on learning
rude,sullen,and absolutely ill-mannered
I hope it's helpful.. Study hard